Sunday, December 12, 2010

Nice Nachos in Franz Josef, NZ

One more blog about food.

Franz Josef is a very small town in the South of NZ that has glacier as only 1 tourist attraction place. I stayed there for a night at Chateau Franz Backpackers. They have free soup every night and free popcorn (don't expect much from free food ;p). Apart from free food, it has big kitchen, small hot pool and nice atmosphere.

The town is so small that you can walk around in 10mins. There was only one supermarket (4 Square) that you can find food and necessary things there. I heard before arrived that there was no supermarket so I bought some food beforehand.

Next day after walking (4km.) to glacier and hitched hiking back to town because I was too tired and lazy to walk!!. I needed nice food, not instant noodle, toast or free soup. I went to 'The Speight's Landing Bar and Restaurant' that is located in the middle of town. It's nice restaurant (of course it comes with high price). I ordered just one dish which is Nachos.

It came in BIG portion with not really good look but the taste was awesome!!! It wasn't because I was hungry from long walk. But it was really delicious and the secret is sweet chilli sauce!!

While I'm typing this blog and looking at the picture, I wish I could have that Nachos right now!!!!

'The Speight's Landing Bar and Restaurant' = Nice restaurant, nice food and free internet!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment