Monday, December 13, 2010

Lake Tekapo, NZ

Lake Tekapo was the second destination on the South island after Christchurch. I took 'naked bus' to travel around the island. It was pretty easy for travelling but not for planning!!


I didn't have many information about Lake Tekapo. My plan was walking around, relaxing in hot pools and watch stars. I stayed there for 2 nights in nice backpackers hostel that I forgot the name. It was a hotel that has backpackers area. The room was nice and big with electric blanket (that was good for cold weather at that time) The hotel was in the middle of town, next to supermarket and have lake view in the front! It's so easy to find.

The bus arrived around noon. The first word I said when I arrived there was 'WOW!!!!!!!!' The view was so WOW! White snow and blue lake was something that I had never seen before. I can't explain how beautiful it was. You have to go see yourself :)

Star watching was too much for my budget so I decided to stay in hostel for the first night and tried to look for star myself. Unfortunately the moon was shining brightly on my 1st night.

On 2nd day, I walked up the slippy snowy mountain. I need to tell you that I don't like treking and walking down the steep. I hate the feeling that I will fall down. Actually I always fall down when I walk down the hill :p The path was next to hot pools. Good walk to see view of Lake Tekapo from above. But I didn't make to the top as I was too scared.

In the evening I went to relax at Alpine Springs & Spa(http://www.alpinesprings.co.nz/) There are 3 big outdoor hot pools with different temperature. It was such a nice feeling that you can relax in hot pools with nice view of snow and peaceful lake. I wanna go back there again!!

Luckily that the moon didn't work on my 2nd night :) It was good that I didn't pay money (about $80) for star watching because I could see from my hostel. It was too beautiful to explain. Just like in heaven!!!! (I've never been there though haha)
I saw photos of Lake Tekapo in Summer from postcard and I think it's more beautiful in Winter. I didn't buy any postcard from there. Why do you want to buy postcard when you were in one of them already?!?
Lake Tekapo was a winter wonderland for me. There is nothing much to do there but I would love to go back and do nothing there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment