Sunday, December 12, 2010

Good Backpackers Hostel in Greymouth, NZ

Sunset view from my room

Greymouth is a small city in the north of south island. I stopped there because I planned to see Pancake Rocks in Punakaiki that is next to Greymouth.

Many people go to Greymouth to take TranzAlpine train to/from Christchurch (http://www.tranzscenic.co.nz/services/tranzalpine.aspx). There are not many things to do in Greymouth but walking around small town and enjoy the art of old buildings.

In this blog, I want to talk about Neptunes Backpackers (http://www.neptunesbackpackers.co.nz).
It was one of the best backpackers hostel that I stayed during NZ trip. The place is at the edge of town, next to river. I saw that they had free pick-up service from train or bus station but I didn't use it. I walked :p

Neptune Backpackers is an old building with 2 floors. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was nice with private sink in the room and free towel. If you are couple and look for nice room during a long trip, I recommend the room in the front on the 2nd floor. It was a nice room with big bed ^^ and nice view of river. Just like a hotel!!!

They also had kinda free DVDs. No fixed charge for borrowing, just donate some coins as you want. And the most important thing that I like this backpackers was Free Bakery!!

Every weekdays about 4-5pm, they had free nice bakery from bakery shop in town. When I heard about 'free', I thought it would be like free soup and popcorn in Franz Josef so I didn't expect much. But when I saw big 6 boxes with variety of muffin, sandwiches, pies and etc. I was surprised. Once I had one, I needed more!!!

This place is the proof that there are some nice free food in this world haha. Don't forget to visit cozy and nice backpackers like Neptune Backpackers hostel (esp. during on weekdays for free bakery hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment