Friday, January 21, 2011

Cheap hostel in Hong Kong

Today I will talk about the hostel in Hong Kong.

There are no backpacker like in western countries in HK.

There are only hostel (which does not look like hostel) in HK that is cheap but TINY!!

If you are westerner (who are usually bigger than Asian), you should go to see the room before make any decision.

For me, it was ok. The room is tiny but I used it just for sleep and took shower.

The toilet and shower is together. It's normal for Asia but this hostel that I stayed. The toilet is sooooooooooo small. They have free liquid soap for every room. You can also ask for free towel as well.

Hong Kong is a small island that every Sq.m. in city are worth like gold. Even you stay in nice hotel, you won't get big room like what you get in US, Australia or etc where the land is much bigger.

Ho Mongkok Hotel (They call hotel but it does not look like hotel at all!! haha) is located in Mongkok, the center of HK and close to everything you want!! It's really good location.

I stayed in this hostel because my HK friend booked for me. I know it's not helpful to you guys who don't have anyone in HK. But hey, they have website and I think you can call or contact them by email (website is at the end).

If you can't speak Cantonese chinese, I suggest you to email because their staff can speak only hello, thank you, good morning hahahaha.

Ho Mongkok Hotel is located in Sincere building where there are many hostel in it. If you don't like this one I suggest here. You can go up and down the building and check for other places.

My suggestion is don't expect much from the small amount of money that you pay :)

www.hmkhotel.com/Ho_Mongkok_Hotel_EN.htm

Somehow I can't copy picture from the website so I will suggest like this.

- The first pic with 2 beds..I think it's room number 2. It's bigger than other room and has window!! So if you are two person. You should request for room number 1 and 2. ;)

- Next 3 pics are double bed rooms...The bed is small, just right fit for 2 person. If you have big luggages, you might have problem as there is no space to walk in the room haha.

- The lady in the website is always be there for daytime. She doesn't understand much English but you can use body language with her. It's fun! hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment