Saturday, May 8, 2010

The 1st Step

First of all, I am supposed to do 5 assignments (2 of individual 4,000 words report + 1 group 4,000 words report + 1 exercise that I have no idea about it + 1 10mins presentation) I have left for my last semester now but I'm so tired and sick of reading stuff. So I decide to start making this blog.

Going to NZ for Thai people who is studying in Australia needs visa!! Many people misunderstand (as they think NZ and Aus are the same country lol) that we don't need visa for NZ if we have Aus one already.

I am currently have Australian student visa which will expire in August. I sent the application for NZ visitor visa last week and hope I'll get my passport back with visa in next few days (as they says it might take about 7-10 days)

For some people who are not from visa free countries like me..this maybe useful for you if you wanna go to NZ. Here are all document I sent to them:

- Return tickets AUS - NZ (you can't just ask for booking paper frm agency as they have rules that NZ is like domestic flight so you have to pay money first to get the ticket to show embassy) this is so risky coz if you can't get visa that means you will lose all money you spent! ps. I sent the tickets of my Aus trip as well to show them that I have plan to travel in Aus after NZ.

- Passport (the real one and copied one)
- COE from university to show that I'm student here
- Bank statement NZ$1,000 per one month stay. You can go to bank and tell them that you need statement for asking visa. It's easy ;)
- Application that are printed from NZ embassy website

For copied of passport, bank statement and COE, you need to go to police station or pharmacy to get them certified and send ONLY copied ones to embassy.

The fees for asking visa is AUD$105 + about $3 for registered envelope that embassy will send your passport back to you. If you don't put envelope to the embassy, you have to add $5 more. I chose credit card payment which is so easy. Just put all info. they need in application.

After completing with application and document, it's time to send these to NZ embassy in Sydney. You can check where you have to send them too as it might be different by your nationality and where you are currently living. You can check on its website.

Lastly I hope that I will get visa and have fun in NZ!!!!

PS. here is the website http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/visit/...It's very easy process, no need to pay money for agency or anyone.

1 comment:

  1. Well written and useful. I am thinking of going to NZ and you have saved me a lot of trouble. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete